Because life’s celebrations shouldn’t cost the Earth

Wednesday 30 September 2015

British Biscuits Appliqued Cafetiere Cosy

'Sewing World' Magazine October 2015




Regular readers will know that my Patchwork Sprocket Cushion was featured in this month's Sewing World Magazine, however I'm delighted to announce that another of my projects also made an appearance;



This 'Sweet Treats' Appliqued Cafetiere Cosy 


Featuring iconic British biscuits such as Jammy Dodgers and Fox's Party Rings, it's just the thing to add some fun retro chic to any kitchen.  The appliqued biscuits conjure up such memories of childhood teatime treats, I was always partial to a 'Nice' coconut biscuit although I wasn't quite so keen on Pink Wafers!


The magazine includes a full sized pattern and should the teacup not rock your boat, simply change it for the recipient's initial;


The design is also perfect for tea cosies....


...time to get started on stitching all your Christmas gifts!


16 comments:

  1. Congratulations Josie! Well done! They look amazing! You're so inspiring and encouraging me to do something creative right now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love, love, love all these designs xxx hope you and your family are well xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked bourbons, and my sister liked gypsy creams - neither of us liked pink wafers. My Mum once said "I'm not buying chocolate biscuits, because you just eat them"!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like just the thing that would also be said in our family!

      Delete
  4. Totally brilliant gifts! Love those cute biscuits - so realistic! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Josie,

    This is weird! I was sitting with a box of Broken Biscuit Assortment at my side as I looked at my Blogger Dashboard and your heading "British Biscuits ....." jumped out at me!

    "Nice" biscuits and pink wafers are my all time favourites! What gorgeous appliqué tea cosies! Super idea. Well done you - two more projects published!

    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved pink wafers but my all-time favourites were Garibaldi biscuits :) What a great theme for a cafetiere cosy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh yes, 'Fly Pie', how could I have forgotten them?!

      Delete
  7. Congratulations, how exciting! They look really great :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Congratulations sweet lady! You are the BOMB! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, another awesome project. You are so clever and your sewing is immaculate! Take care Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look great! How exciting to have your projects published!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this. The biscuits are brilliant. I was very partial to a Nice biscuit and Malted Milks reign supreme. Congratulations on another fabulous article. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful projects and congrats on being published again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look great Josie, present making is just around the corner. Hx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your cafetiere cosies, they are such lovely designs. I can think of a few people who might appreciate one of these for christmas time - I'm going to be busy over the next few months making up some christmas surprises, so I shall be on the look out for inspiration over the next couple of months for sure! :-)

    ReplyDelete