Because life’s celebrations shouldn’t cost the Earth

Saturday 10 August 2013

Personalised Tea Cosy

Appliqued Embroidery Portrait

I recently sent my Mum a journal which she had requested as a retirement present for her church minister.  When she originally mentioned that she wanted a gift making she told me that 'anything would do', but after much discussion she finally decided on a journal which you can read about it here; 


However, once I sent it she decided that she actually wanted a tea cosy, so I gladly whipped her up one to match the journal!




The main fabric is some lovely natural linen which was upcycled from a pair of curtains.  I then added some batting/wadding and free motion quilting, to add warmth and stability, before using my original journal design for the applique.  The black detailing and wording were worked using my favourite free style machine embroidery technique.

Here's hoping the recipients will  be suitably flattered by their likenesses!

No comments:

Post a Comment